AISD is seeking an Environmental Compliance Expert with USAID mission experience for a three-week assignment to begin Oct/Nov, working at a mission to assist them to catch up on the backlog of environmental monitoring and mitigation plans (EMMPs) in their portfolio and develop a plan for effective ongoing environmental compliance going forward. This will include developing appropriate procedures, communications and systems monitoring that both meet minimum USG requirements and also ensure prudent environmental management.
The Environmental Compliance Expert should meet most of the following qualifications:
- Deep familiarity with Section 216 compliance rules
- Experience managing USAID compliance efforts at the Mission or central level
- Able to facilitate internal USAID processes and adept at helping groups achieve consensus
- Considerable familiarity with the USAID bureaucracy
- Prior experience as a Mission Environmental Officer would be a plus
- Creative problem solver
- Experienced in conducting monitoring of compliance for USAID activities
- Excellent English; working capability in Portuguese would be a plus
The position is a current opening under a subcontract to a Mission support prime contract.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com